JK Associates, LLC, works with small businesses — Schedule C sole proprietors and joint ventures, LLCs, partnerships, S and C corporations.
Whether you are thinking of starting a business or have a well-established company, we can provide:
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Consultations as needed
- Information about the pros and cons tax-wise of the types of entities for start-ups
- Preparation of 1099-NECs and estimated taxes
- Preparation of tax returns
- Preparation of Maryland Personal Property Tax returns and Annual Reports
- Tax planning
- Set up retirement plans, including SEPs, Simple IRAs, Keough and 401(k) plans
We do not prepare payroll. We recommend ADP and Paychex. They can prepare payroll more efficiently than we can. We can connect you with representatives from both companies.
Please read our annual reminder about 1099 Reporting Requirements for businesses and landlords – forms are due January 31st!
Let’s get started
To better understand your business, we need information from you. We have prepared the following brief questionnaire to help us be more efficient and thorough. Please download the PDF forms and complete as much as possible before our meeting. We’ll help you if you have any questions. If your business files a separate return, you must sign our engagement letter
Our 2023 Business Engagement Letter and Questionnaire is available: sign and fill out 100% online, just click on the link! (this form is for business entities that file a separate return – if you are a sole proprietor filing Schedule C, please use the individual engagement letter and questionnaire)
If you cannot access the online form, here are the PDF versions:
Some useful info for businesses:
- Info and flowchart for 1099 Reporting Requirements for businesses and landlords – forms are due January 31st!
- How to get your Annual Fee Waiver for Maryland Saves (the window for the 2024 fee waiver closed Dec 1, 2023)
- New Corporate Transparency Act Beneficial Owner Information Reporting
Give us a call. Let’s talk about how we can make your business grow and be compliant with the tax authorities.